Originally I wanted to discuss everyone's thoughts on the Ragna vs Sol Death Battle that recently came out, but seeing as all the comments were of people not giving a thundering fuck about either characters, I think its better to discuss the coming internet explosion that was announced after the horrendously short fight between Ragna and Sol: Gaara vs Toph.
With Naruto and the Avatar franchise being officially over now, the weeaboos of the internet can at long last see two of the most well known and loved series among the Shonen community(I'm referring to the Shonen genre as a whole, not Shonen Jump Publishing) go at it. Narutards bitched about how ATLAB was a knock off of the Naruto series and Avatards bitched about how Gaara was just a knock off of an Earth Bender. So now, both sides are gonna go at it in this up coming Death Battle. That being said, I can't imagine Ben and Chad will be able to safely show their faces in public after this fight. In order to maybe soften the blow on the fandoms here, this is my personal proposal of how this episode should be conducted in order to maybe make the outcome easier for people to swallow.
1) All Official Source Material: Goku vs Superman used sources from every official source and every knowledgeable data base like the Superman Homepage and The Dao of Dragonball. I am more than certain such things exist for both Naruto and Avatar and I hope that such things are made use of.
2) Best Incarnations Possible: Much like how Godzilla vs Gamera featured both monsters with their best abilities from over every film era put into their incarnations for the fight, the same should be done with Gaara and Toph since they have several stages in their lives with different skills at each stage. So while Naruto The Last Movie edition of Gaara with his added Jinchuriki abilities is probably the best thing for him, Toph's incarnation should feature her adult self where she has obtained all the skills she had at the end of The Legend of Korra. That way there is nothing holding either fighter back in the fight.
3) After Battle Math: Show every bit of math done to judge each fighter's skill and then put into comparison like Goku vs Superman. Hopefully this soften's the blow for the losing side. Chances are it won't.
4) A Long Fight to Make Sure Nothing is Unanswered or Unseen: If this video doesn't last as long as the Goku vs Superman fight or even longer, the internet will run red with rage. If one move or technique is left out of the fight, we could possibly see people making death threats as a result.
As much as I'd like for this to happen, it probably won't. What will happen is probably more around these lines:
-Kid versions only
- Gaara gets nerfed to his crazy version
-Toph will get her better abilities and beat Gaara's ass reder than a baboon's.
What are your thoughts? Please share.